A Breakers night to remember
Big thanks to Leisa McCleery who entered her Club into the #courtofdreams competition.
With the road closures and all the extra travel the teams had to undertake in the last year, Leisa felt the players deserved to be entered into this competition.
“Our usual basketball season had to be modified to only a few home games and all other games were to be played in Thames or Te Aroha which meant up to five or six hours of travel to play games,” says Leisa. “Some teams did not want to travel to play us at home. This did not deter any of our players and they just took it in their stride with no complaints.”
The players that went to the Court of Dreams experience were selected as a thank you for the volunteer time they had given to basketball as a young referee, coach or helping with after school basketball programmes or just their passion for the game at club and regional representative level.This was an amazing opportunity for our Mercury Bay Boars Basketballers at Mercury Bay Area School.
The prize was made up of the following:
- 30 spaces for players and caregivers
- Transport to Auckland and overnight accommodation @ Lylo Hostel in the central city.
- Transport to and from the venue.
- A VIP area with food, water and goody bags for attendees
- A 12-minute game on the court before the BNZ Breakers play
- Forming an arch to high five and welcome the BNZ Breakers to the court
- A dedicated courtside stand for your team.